Books I want to read in 2019 (part 2)

Continuing on from my last post, here are more of the books I want to try and read this year..
I also made a list of these books on goodreads HERE.

9. M Train by Patti Smith

M Train
M Train - Patti Smith
I read Just Kids by Patti last year and I absolutely loved it. It is now one of my favourite books, so I can't wait to get into reading this one. I have a thing for books based in New York City and the way Patti describes her surroundings and her thoughts are just beautiful.

10. The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski

The Last Wish
The Last Wish - Andrzej Sapkowski
Jesus christ trying to say this author's name is like trying to chew marbles. Awkward in the mouth and painful. Well either way I am excited to read the stories of Geralt the witcher. These are the books that The Witcher videogame series is based upon and from everything I've heard, the books are a fantasy masterpiece.

11. How to Be Idle by Tom Hodgkinson

How to Be Idle
How to Be Idle - Tom Hodgkinson
The second I read this title I knew it was something I wanted to read. I saw this book sitting in a record/book shop and I instantly wanted to add it to my list of reading. Being idle is something I need to get better at and judging by the look of that suave fellow on the cover, I think this book is going to have some good hints on how to do it. Plus from reading the blurb I believe it has something to say about how great naps are so I am obviously on-board. 

12. Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Flow
Flow - Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
Bloody hell there is another mouthful of a name. This book has apparently revolutionized the way people think about working and experience in general. His idea of being in a 'flow state' really interests me and I want to know how I can better myself to enjoy my work and gain a higher level of focus.

13. Black Coffee Blues by Henry Rollins

Black Coffee Blues
Black Coffee Blues - Henry Rollins
Rollins is one of those people who I could listen to talk about anything, he is just that interesting. I remember watching him on an episode of Hot Ones and decided "Hey, I should read this guys books". He has a few out there so I looked online to see what the general consensus is on where I should start or what are some of his best, and Black Coffee Blues kept coming up.

The Binding by Bridget Collins

The Binding
The Binding - Bridget Collins
This was a book I picked up on a whim after seeing it constantly being displayed in "Best Seller" and "Hot New Books" sections. Plus I just love the cover. Another fantasy tale that I know very little about and am happy to keep it that way, I just hope the hype train hasn't lead me astray on this one.


Well that's all the books on my list for the moment. I am certain that it will grow throughout the year with more and more books being added. I will probably post more about the ones I read throughout the year and give my thoughts and opinions, as well as make a list at the end of the year of my top favourite books I have read this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing & Running Houdini on Linux

Learning Houdini's 'Surface Operators' (SOPs)

Voppity Dop Sop Chop